The founder, Mr R J Kyle commenced business in the early 1920’s operating a small motor accessory business in Hay Street, Perth.
The business was later sold to vehicle distributor, Coventrys Motor Company Ltd.
Appointed by the Ford Motor Co. (Aust) Ltd to be an official distributor of genuine Ford parts within Western Australia.
Coventrys Motor Company Ltd changed its name to Coventry Motor Replacements Pty Ltd.
Appointed as a Western Australian distributor of genuine NASCO spare parts and accessories (Holden).
Coventry Motor Replacements Pty Ltd listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Relocated from the company's city location to a premises in Walter Road, Morley, Western Australia.
Via a number of acquisitons, the company extended its operations into the bearing, gasket and fastener industries.
The company changed its name to Coventry Group Ltd to reflect the growing diversification of its business interests.
Coventry Group Ltd operates throughout Australia and New Zealand and employs around 850 people and carries on business as a distributor of industrial products – fasteners, fluid hydraulics and cabinet and furniture hardware as well as a manufacturer and distributor of gaskets. The head office is located at 525 Great Eastern Highway, Redcliffe, Western Australia.